How do you diagnose adrenal fatigue?
Diagnosing adrenal fatigue isn’t as simple as having a quick blood test and getting a yes or no answer. In fact most doctors have no idea about adrenal fatigue and don’t actually believe that the condition exists! However, in the same way that type 2 diabetes doesn’t just “appear”‘ overnight with is a measurable deterioration in the ability of insulin to do its job over time – the adrenals also come with their own warning system that things are heading downhill.
Some of the symptoms that a person would experience in adrenal fatigue are:
- fatigue, unrefreshed upon waking
- fatigue that is worse for exercise
- anxiety, overwhelm, dread and even panic attacks
- low blood pressure, dizziness on standing up quickly
- salt cravings
- allergies and sensitivities
- brain fog, confusion, memory loss
- dark circles under the eyes
- inflammatory conditions
- sensitivity to light and noise